- To celebrate the launch of Coca-Cola Energy, a fully integrated marketing campaign comprising of a new TVC, POS, print, AV and OOH has launched in GB, kicking off with an energetic flash mob in Piccadilly Circus
- With the aim to provide energy during the transition from work to play, the campaign includes a partnership with Spotify and sampling at festivals throughout the UK
- Coca-Cola Energy is the first energy drink released under the Coca-Cola brand
To celebrate the arrival of Coca-Cola Energy, a new multi-million-pound fully integrated campaign launched last week that invites people to “Spread Your Positive Energy”. It kicked off with a flash mob in Piccadilly Circus and a takeover of the 02 over the bank holiday weekend.
Taking place in front of the iconic Piccadilly Lights, a host of dancers surprised and delighted passers-by with an energetic routine, whilst also offering samples to consumers to try the latest addition to the Coca-Cola line up.
Campaign throughout the Summer
With a strong music influence that integrates music visuals throughout the creative, the campaign includes a partnership with Spotify that will allow listeners to enjoy a sponsored ‘energy boosted’ playlist and more than 300,000 samples will be given out at festivals across the country to keep people energised throughout the summer.
To highlight how Coca-Cola Energy is bringing energy to people leaving work, the campaign will also target commuters through:
- Full motion digital escalator panels in London tube stations
- Large digital screens in 50 iconic sites and commuter hubs across Great Britain
- Over 6,000 additional panels and adverts on over 1,500 busses across the country
- Free samples given out in commuter hubs and stations
The campaign, which has been led by creative agency Ogilvy, also includes a new TVC for VOD running in June. The creative features dancers emerging from pulsating red waves that ripple out from a can of Coca-Cola Energy in time with the up-tempo dance track ‘Circle Up’ by Party Favour, featuring Bipolar Sunshine.
The first energy drink released under the Coca-Cola brand, Coca-Cola Energy features caffeine from naturally-derived sources, guarana extracts, B vitamins and contains no taurine. Coca-Cola Energy hit stores earlier this month and is available in 250ml cans and in two variants – with and without sugar.
The campaign is part of a wider pan-European campaign from Coca-Cola being rolled out across Europe this month.