- Iconic global doughnut brand Krispy Kreme has partnered with Vimto, the £83 million brand from Nichols plc to add two new doughnuts to its bestselling range
- Available from 15th October across the UK in all Krispy Kreme stores and cabinets to tie into busy Halloween sales period
- Vimto is the first soft drinks brand to feature in the Krispy Kreme range
Krispy Kreme, the global doughnut brand, has partnered with Nichols plc to add Vimto’s refreshingly different taste to a limited edition range of doughnuts. The collaboration is the first of its kind, with Vimto being the first soft drinks brand to be added to the Krispy Kreme offering. The Krispy Kreme launches are also the first doughnuts ever to feature the unique Vimto flavour.
Two variants made with the secret Vimto flavour will be available, baked fresh each morning at Krispy Kreme Hotlight stores:
- The Vimto Shimmer will be filled with a mouth-watering Vimto flavour frosting
- The Vimto Ring is the signature Krispy Kreme ring doughnut, hand dipped in delicious Vimto icing
There will also be a seasonal limited edition doughnut, which will sport a spooky purple look and style on launch to tie into Halloween, Krispy Kreme’s biggest sales period. All Vimto variants will be available nationwide in stores and cabinets from 15th October.
Nichols plc Brand Licensing Manager, Helen Hartley, says: “The combination of the deliciously unique taste of Vimto and melt-in-your-mouth Krispy Kreme truly is a match made in heaven, which we’re sure all Vimto and Krispy Kreme fans will adore. The partnership comes at an exciting time for Vimto, with our recent ‘I See Vimto in You’ campaign celebrating taking enjoyment from the everyday. This mirrors Krispy Kreme’s ethos of sharing delicious tastes and creating joyful memories”.
Krispy Kreme Chief Marketing Officer, Emma Colquhoun, adds: “We target an audience who we define as live-a-lotters – people who celebrate fun, special moments and live their taste experiences to the full. This certainly aligns to the Vimto spirit and we’re delighted to partner with them for these great additions to our range.”
The launch will be supported by a range of marketing activity, including a social media campaign, digital content, in store POS and sampling.