Delice de France (formerly ARYZTA Food Solutions) is kicking off the new year with a range of new, on-trend vegan bakery treats, helping convenience retailers to meet demand for free-from and healthier choices.
“The growing demand for free from bakery products means there’s never been a better time to review bakery offerings to tap into growing consumer trends.” says Jenny Bayliss, Sales Operations Director at Delice de France.
“From Meat-Free Monday to the rise of Veganuary, plant based diets have taken centre stage as consumers look to reduce or remove animal products from their diets. The growth of those interested in vegan or meat reduction diets looks set to continue, and with it there’s an increased expectation to see more vegan options widely available across all categories.”
Delice de France offers a range of products enabling retailers to meet this trend throughout the day, such as the Vegan Apricot Croissant, perfect for shoppers looking for plant-based alternatives to traditional breakfast favourites, and the award winning Vegan Sausage Roll which serves the food-to-go mission. The product was recognised by the Great Taste awards for its ‘wonderful homemade appearance’ and ‘lovely herby aroma, with a good hearty bite and plenty of filling’.
Delice is adding to its award winning convenience channel hot food-to-go range with the addition of two new vegan pies:
- Vegan ‘Fake & Ale’ square pie – A rich and hearty pie filled with steak style strips, baby onions and cooked in a vegan ale sauce.
- Vegan Saag Mangalore Square Pie – A delicious combination of cauliflower, spinach, chickpeas & lentils cooked in a spicy aromatic sauce.
Jenny Bayliss, Sales Operations Director at Delice de France highlights the growing demand for vegan options and the opportunities it brings to instore bakery.
- This January, an estimated 350,000 people will take part in Veganuary, up from 200,000 in 2019*1
- Vegans and vegetarians look set to make up a quarter of the British population by 2025*2
- 92% of plant-based meals consumed in the UK in 2018 were eaten by non-vegans*3
- The UK meat-free market is estimated to grow to £658m by 2021*3
At Delice de France, we offer a wide choice of vegan bakery and food to go products. We work closely with our customers to identify which of these products are best-suited to their shoppers, in the knowledge that by offering free-from options, they’re going to attract new customers and increase profits.
The combination of great quality products and a freshly-baked offering that meets dietary needs proves irresistible to many shoppers. We’re offering retailers the chance to make their outlet a destination shop for local consumers looking for great-tasting, freshly-baked vegan products that they’ll return to buy time and time again.
Retailers interested in receiving more information on the new Delice de France offer should contact 0844 499 3311.
- Veganuary 2019 Survey
- Future of food report 2019
- Kantar UK Insights, February 2019