This impressive growth is being achieved as under pressure families’ look to balance their household budgets by purchasing value-for-money yet nutritious foods that can be stored in the freezer, avoiding unnecessary waste. With the credit crunch continuing to bite, consumers are tending to eat out less often, replacing nights out with evenings in with friends. As consumers look to replicate their social eating out experiences, frozen ethnic snacks are an ideal answer to this shift in buying and eating patterns and it is clear that there are significant sales opportunities for retailers stocking Daloon frozen ethnic snacks.
Daloon’s strategy in launching a new and improved range of mini snacks in 2010 designed to meet current and future market demands has clearly proven successful.
Three packs in the range were completely revised and improved:
• Daloon Oriental Classics Vegetable Mini Spring Rolls 10 x 18g pieces per pack. RSP £1.29
• Daloon Oriental Classics Duck Mini Spring Rolls 10 x 18g pieces per pack. RSP £1.89
• Daloon Indian Classics Vegetable Dhal Mini Samosas and Mini Onion Bhajis 6 x 25g Vegetable Samosas and 6 x 15g Onion Bhajis per pack. RSP £1.89
Two all-new packs were added to the range, both are natural additions to this Daloon range:
• Daloon Indian Classics Onion Bhaji Dippers 12 x 15g pieces per pack. RSP £1.29
• Daloon Oriental Classics Vegetable Dim Sum Selection 4 x 17g Vegetable Samosas, 4 x 18g Sweet & Sour Vegetable Crackers and 4 x 20g Vegetable Moneybags per pack. RSP £1.89
All five new Daloon mini snacks were redesigned in standout colour coded packaging to maximise sales at point of purchase.
Daloon’s ethnic snack products are very quick and easy to prepare, cooking from frozen in minutes. They’re very versatile and can be used as snacks, starters, on buffets or as an accompaniment to a main meal and represent excellent value for money. They are the perfect sharing and snacking food and keep the stress, mess and fuss to a minimum in the kitchen.
Commenting on this success, Geoff Burgess Managing Director Daloon said “The retail food market remains a challenging one; however we are delighted with the sales increase of our range of mini ethnic snacks. This new range and its pack formats provide products that fit perfectly into the growing value and mid-range market sectors whilst maintaining competitive prices.”
As ever, Daloon looks to develop and add new and exciting snack food concepts for the UK ethnic snacks market which shows no signs of slowing down, offering enormous opportunities for developing profitable retail sales.
Daloon products are available through leading supermarkets, regional multiples, wholesalers and cash & carrys.
* Source: Daloon sell-in figures September to December 2009 vs 2010
Tel: 01636 701000