Finsbury Food Group, the market leader in licensed celebration cakes, has announced the launch of five new licensed ranges, including the UK’s fastest growing preschool brand, Hey Duggee.
Available in supermarkets later this year the new licensed products, along with existing range refreshes, will align with some of the most anticipated new cinema releases and exciting consumer trends for Autumn/Winter 2019, and beyond.
Finsbury’s licensed brand celebration cake range continues to grow year on year. With a large market share Finsbury is positioned as the leader of the licensed brand celebration cake market.
Daryl Newlands, Marketing Manager at Finsbury Food Group said “At Finsbury we’re proud of our strong relationships with the licensing sector and always make sure we’re creating the cakes which mirror current trends within the entertainment market.
“We know that cakes linked to top TV shows and films will always be popular, but we’re constantly looking for new opportunities to develop products that haven’t been seen before in the licensed cake market – like our new Hey Duggee cake, Frozen 2 Cake and Frozen traybake. We bring the top tier characters and franchises to life in the celebration cake world for children of all ages, as well as catering to the tastes and trends of adults with the Thorntons, Mary Berry and Diageo ranges.”
The new products include:
- Hey Duggee – The hit children’s TV show has become the fastest growing character for nursery aged children. Finsbury’s new Hey Duggee celebration cake is perfect for a birthday party for boys or girls. Available in Tesco and Asda, from October, RRP: £10
- Disney, Frozen – Ahead of the highly anticipated Frozen sequel premiering in the UK in November, Finsbury have introduced four new products to the range which will be available from October. Princess Anna and Elsa cake, RRP: £10, Olaf the snowman cake RRP: £12 and Frozen traybake cake RRP: £8.
- Star Wars – December will bring the next Star Wars film: The Rise of the Skywalker, and the Finsbury BB8 character cake will be available from December for Star Wars fans, RRP: £12.
- Harry Potter –Finsbury have launched a cake range based on the four Hogwarts houses. The range includes a House Crest Shield cake, RRP: £12; a tray of 12 cupcakes, four for each house, RRP: £7; and four individual house gift cakes, RRP: £4. The full range will be available in Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Asda from October.
- Paw Patrol and Peppa Pig – The refreshed Paw Patrol Mighty Pups cake will be available from October, RRP: £12; the Peppa Pig celebration cake will be available from September, RRP: £10.