Asda has today announced it has partnered with some of the UK’s leading brands to create new retail destinations inside its Derby and Wigan stores.
The supercentres will each feature 13 brands across an extensive lifestyle offer, including new partnerships with Rawr Beauty, New Look, Missguided, Maximuscle, My Protein and Lee Wrangler.
The ‘destination’ stores will offer an extended selection of fashion and fitness partners, with dedicated zones giving shoppers the opportunity to pick up everything from fitness equipment and activewear to trend-led clothes and accessories.
The stores will offer a number of ‘firsts’, new offers and popular partners, including:
- An enhanced fashion offer in a dedicated zone, including Missguided, In The Style, New Look, Lee and Wrangler and Girls on Film, alongside popular George collections
- A new ‘fitness zone’ offering equipment, clothing and sports supplements from Decathlon, My Protein and Maximuscle to complement Asda’s own range
- A new beauty partnership with Rawr Beauty offering a range of beauty nail, brow and lash services giving customers the chance to conveniently combine a regular trip to the supermarket with a pampering session
- A branded toy aisle featuring hundreds of new toys, including LOL, Hot Wheels, Paw Patrol and Barbie products in partnership with The Entertainer
- A collection of branded accessories, hair products, stationery, and gifts from Claire’s and Accessorize
- musicMagpie SMARTdrop kiosks where customers can recycle old smartphones for cash whilst in store
Matt Harrison, Senior Director of Partnerships at Asda, said: “Customers in Derby and Wigan can now shop our biggest ever range of partner brands in a single store, so whether they’re looking to pick out an outfit for a night out or a toy for a birthday gift, they’ll find everything in a single location.
“As lives become busy once again, our flagship stores give shoppers in Derby and Wigan the ability to quickly and conveniently get what they need in one place.”
The move marks a step on in the grocer’s partnership strategy through the creation of ‘flagship’ partner stores that have broader appeal and bring new products and services to Asda customers.
In 2021, Asda continued to increase the number of locations where B&Q, The Entertainer, Greggs, Claire’s and Pre-loved are offered and expects to launch between 16 and 20 additional lifestyle brands this year.