According to statistics provided by the Health & Safety Executive, falls from vehicles are the second most common vehicle related accident and last year accounted for more than 1600 injuries and 4 deaths. Unsafe access is often made via the trucks’ wheels or the forks of a fork lift truck, yet it can cost as little as £90 to provide a purpose-made vehicle access ladder. Ladderstore.com, an access solutions provider, now provides off-the-shelf and bespoke solutions to the problems associated with unsafe vehicle access.
Three of Ladderstore’s vehicle access ladder models can be easily stored on the lorry, they reach heights from 1.4m to 1.8m, depending on the model, and all fit securely to a wide range of trailers:
• The Adjustable Trailer Bed Ladder.From £90.
• The Lockable Loadstep Vehicle Access ladder.From £110
• The Lightweight Vehicle AccessLadder.From £238.71
Ladderstore also provide bespoke Mobile Double Decker Trailer Access Platforms. These have been developed to suit as many vehicle types as possible, they are therefore highly versatile and can also be individually tailored to meet specific requirements. The two large platform areas make loading and unloading both comfortable and safe. The key benefits include:
• Easy to move and position
• Unique immobilising system
• Strong welded construction
• Tested to safe working load of 300kg
• Optional bottom safety gate to restrict unauthorised use with side brake
• Punched metal or anti-slip PVC tread
• Extra wide treads available
• Available in pacific blue or signal red
Visit www.ladderstore.com for information and advice or call 01204 590232.