WING big: Frubes and ‘The Angry Birds Movie’ team up for on-pack promotion to win a squawksome family holiday!
Frubes is teaming up with one of the most highly anticipated films of the year, ‘The Angry Birds Movie’ (released 13 May), for a special on-pack promotion, offering families the chance to flock to the Bahamas for a fun-filled island holiday to spot exotic birds and swim with pigs! To celebrate the partnership, a limited edition pack with banana and strawberry flavoured yogurts is available, with an RRP of £2.00.
Available on over 10 million packs, Frubes’ egg-citing promotion will run from 9 May to 31 October. The competition includes a weekly draw to win a whole host of Angry Birds Movie merchandise, with a grand prize of a family holiday for four to spend six nights in the Bahamas.
The partnership will be supported by a strong 360o marketing campaign with an investment of more than £1MM through TV, digital, in store activation and PR.
The tie in includes the launch of a brand new website angrybirds.frubes.co.uk, where you can egg on either the Angry Birds or mischievous Pigs, and be part of a squawksome dance-off to determine who has the best moves!
Roisin Witort, Frubes Senior Brand Manager comments: “Our on-pack promotion has been timed to kick off alongside the launch of the must-see family film of the year, to ensure that Frubes is front of mind for busy mums looking for ways to squeeze more fun into the day. Our great-tasting yogurt tubes contain vitamin D and calcium for strong bones – perfect for those wanting to try out their own dance moves!”
With prizes that provide fun for the whole family up for grabs, we anticipate strong uptake of this exciting promotion.”
Consumers enter the competition by submitting their unique code – printed on the inside of the pack – along with their name and contact details, at angrybirds.frubes.co.uk.
*UK & ROI, 18+. Enter by: 31.10.16. Purchase required. Skill element required for ROI. Family =2 adults + 2 children under 16. Full T&Cs: angrybirds.frubes.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.
About ‘The Angry Birds Movie’
- In the 3D animated comedy, The Angry Birds Movie, we’ll finally find out why the birds are so angry.
- The movie takes us to an island populated entirely by happy, flightless birds – or almost entirely. In this paradise, Red (Jason Sudeikis, We’re the Millers, Horrible Bosses), a bird with a temper problem, speedy Chuck (Josh Gad in his first animated role since Frozen), and the volatile Bomb (Danny McBride, This Is the End, Eastbound & Down) have always been outsiders. But when the island is visited by mysterious green piggies, it’s up to these unlikely outcasts to figure out what the pigs are up to.
- Featuring a hilarious, all-star voice cast that includes Bill Hader (Trainwreck, Inside Out), Maya Rudolph (Bridesmaids, Sisters), and Peter Dinklage (Game of Thrones), as well as Kate McKinnon (Saturday Night Live, Ghostbusters), Keegan-Michael Key (Key & Peele), Tony Hale (Veep, Arrested Development), Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt), Ike Barinholtz (Neighbors, Sisters), Hannibal Buress (Daddy’s Home, Broad City), Jillian Bell (22 Jump Street), Danielle Brooks (Orange Is the New Black), Latin music sensation Romeo Santos, YouTube stars Smosh (Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla), and country music superstar Blake Shelton, who writes and performs the original song “Friends,” the Columbia Pictures/Rovio Entertainment film is directed by Fergal Reilly and Clay Kaytis and produced by John Cohen and Catherine Winder. The screenplay is by Jon Vitti, and the film is executive produced by Mikael Hed and David Maisel.
About Rovio Entertainment
- Rovio Entertainment Ltd. is a global entertainment media company. Headquartered in Finland and with studios across the world, Rovio is the creator of Angry Birds, the casual mobile game that changed an industry and became an international phenomenon. Today Angry Birds is not only the most downloaded game of all time, it is a renowned entertainment brand that has branched out into animation, licensing and more. The Angry Birds Movie is slated for release in May 2016. www.rovio.com
About Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to http://www.sonypictures.com.