- The new launches respond directly to the changing nature of consumer snacking habits
- The products, available from today, include a brand-new Chicken & Dip, a Grazing Tub and Adult Multi Pack
Fridge Raiders, a proud part of Kerry Foods, has today announced a significant expansion of its popular Chicken Bites range. The launch sees Fridge Raiders add three new SKUs to its meat-snacking offering, including a brand-new product, Chicken & Dip, and two new packaging formats including a Grazing Tub and an Adult Multi Pack. The new products will be available from today with further roll out later this month.
Fridge Raiders’ original Chicken Bites are a staple in fridges up and down the country. Now, in response to changing snacking habits, the brand is branching out into new formats to help retailers capitalise on the interest in meat snacks and offer consumers flavour-filled solutions to their hunger cravings both at-home and on-the-go:
- Chicken & Dip – For the first time and with new, exciting flavours, Fridge Raiders is introducing Chicken & Dip – combining its popular Chicken Bites with a tasty dip. This on-the-go and at-home friendly format packs a punch with flavours such as Roast Chicken with Sweet Chilli Dip and Southern Fried Chicken with BBQ Dip. Fridge Raiders Chicken & Dip caters to the growing demand for diversity in meat snacking and provides consumers with a brand-new format for snacking wherever they are. With the tasty dips enhancing the already popular Chicken Bites and the on-the-go friendly format making snacking easier than ever, Chicken & Dip is set to be the next snacking sensation.
- Grazing Tub – In response to consumer demand for more at-home friendly snack formats, Fridge Raiders is launching a larger format for the first time. The Roast Chicken Bites Grazing Tub, available in 185g, is resealable, allowing consumers to enjoy the fresh, delicious flavours for longer. Fridge Raiders Chicken Bites are a staple in retailers’ chilled snacks ranges, and the inclusion of this new Grazing Tub aims to satisfy shopper demand for a bigger, cost-effective solution to their hunger cravings.
- Adult Multi Pack – Fridge Raiders is also launching Adult Multi Packs, a twist on its current multi pack offerings, containing two of its 45g Roast Chicken Bites, one 45g Southern Style Chicken Bites and one 45g Katsu Chicken Bites. This new Adult Multi Pack has been designed with flavour and diversity in mind and gives consumers the choice between Fridge Raiders’ tried and tested flavours as well as the more adventurous and popular Katsu Chicken Bites, a flavour that has driven growth of 24% across the Fridge Raiders range.
Meat snacking is an area with huge potential for retailers as the UK comes out of the pandemic. The meat-snacking category continues to go from strength to strength, now worth £19.1m, benefiting from a boom in consumers snacking at home. The tremendous growth in the category has been driven by Fridge Raiders. The snacking giant has seen an 18.7% growth in sales in the past three months, making it the second largest brand in meat-snacking in the UK. Fridge Raiders, known for its bold flavours and protein-filled 100% chicken breast offerings, is committed to helping retailers capitalise on the popularity of at-home chilled snacking occasions.
The outbreak of Covid-19 has dramatically changed the way consumers snack with the majority of snacking occasions being driven inside the home as a result of lockdowns and restrictions. Meat and cheese snacking saw an increase of 54% in the past year, with over 113 million of these snacking occasions happening at home. As a result, Fridge Raiders has recognised consumer demand for fridge-friendly, healthy snacks to be enjoyed at home as well as on the move. The exciting new launches will allow retailers to cater to these changing habits, both at-home and on-the-go, with a brand shoppers already know and love.
It’s not just consumer snacking habits that have changed, but also the types of snacks they are looking to buy. Fridge Raiders has identified a growing trend of consumers looking for healthy and more fulfilling snacks; searches for “healthy snacks” grew by 110% in the past year. Made with 100% chicken breast, the new launches allow retailers to capitalise on the demand for chilled snacks as consumers look for more health-conscious, protein-filled tasty snack.
“We’ve seen a huge shift in how consumers are snacking, driven by changes to the way we live and work. We’re committed to helping active adults maintain their busy lifestyles so are delighted to be launching these new formats and delicious flavours to help retailers cater to all snacking occasions,” said Julia May, Brand Manager at Fridge Raiders. “Our Chicken & Dip is an exciting twist on our popular Southern Fried and Roast Chicken Bites, providing shoppers with a tasty BBQ and Sweet Chilli dip. The new launch packs a punch with flavour whilst providing a healthy and fulfilling snack for shoppers.”
“We’re also excited to offer even more snacking options with the development of our Grazing Tub and Adult Multi packs, which allow retailers to diversify their snacking ranges both in food-to-go and in back-of-store which we know is increasingly important. We’re working hard to directly respond to evolving snacking habits with tasty and diverse options that will drive the whole meat-snacking category forward.”
 Kantar Usage to 28th Dec 2020, latest 40w
 Kantar Worldpanel 52 w/e 23 Feb 20 & Google trends Interest over time May 15- Feb 20
 Nielsen [52 w/e 5 September 2020]
 IRI Data (Excludes Discounters) W/E 21 March
 Kantar MAT up to 21 March 2021 (includes discounters)
 Kantar Worldpanel, Usage, Total Snacking and Lunch, FOOD, 40 w/e 27th December 2020 vs. YA
 Prima – April 2020