Drinks firm launches first major national out of home advertising campaign
Drinks company Belvoir Farm, based in Bottesford, Leicestershire, has launched its first major national out of home advertising campaign, with an investment of over £1 million to support the growth of the brand this summer and to raise awareness of its unique elderflower harvest in June. The campaign is designed to raise awareness of the brand values and capitalise on consumers being able to enjoy the outdoors this summer and the renewed love of the English countryside since lockdown.
The “Go Forage!” campaign will focus on Tesco, Waitrose and Sainsbury’s superstores, appearing on a mixture of store entrances through to billboards: 240 store entrances, 788 proximity to stores and over 45 hours of digital billboards across the country. In addition, Belvoir is running a nationwide onpack promotion called “Win and Get Wild” to reflect the wild at nature theme that runs through the brand.
Pev Manners, managing director of Belvoir Farm, says: “We’re investing significantly in marketing this year to tell our unique story and this is our wildest campaign ever! Belvoir was born from working with nature, respecting the countryside and its complex eco-systems and supporting sustainable farming. Now we bring premium soft drinks to consumers all over the world. We’re all about crafted with nature and bringing the wild of the elderflower in. We are completely original and unique in this – no one harvests elderflower like we do.”
Belvoir will also be featured on Channel 5 Summertime On The Farm, with Pev talking to presenter JB Gill about the harvest and the challenge of being entirely community based when it comes to flower collection. The family fills 19,000 bottles an hour and 25 – 30 million bottles each year, that are sold up and down the country and exported all over the world from their state of the art bottling plant in Bottesford. The show will also highlight the brand’s unique elderflower harvest, where Belvoir invites people from the local community to come and pick flowers and bring them to the bottling plant, in return for cash payment.
These fresh, locally grown elderflowers are the heart of the company’s traditional elderflower cordial and pressé, still made to the Manners family’s original recipe. People pick from the miles of wild hedgerows and organic elderflowers from the 60 acres of company-owned plantations across the county.
- Belvoir is now the UK’s fastest growing premium cordial brand in absolute volume sales (*Source: IRI Total Premium Cordials Category, Volume sales, IRI Major Multiples YTD to 24/4/2021)
- Belvoir is growing in both volume and value sales ahead of the market (*Source: IRI Total Premium Cordials Category, Volume, Value sales, IRI Major Multiples YTD to 24/4/2021)
- Belvoir’s classic Ginger Cordial is the biggest ginger flavoured cordial and the fastest growing at 35% in value. (*Source: IRI Total Premium Cordials Category, Value sales, IRI Major Multiples YTD to 24/4/2021)
- Belvoir had a great start to 2021, recording 21% value growth across (*Source: IRI Total Premium Ready to Drink Category, Vale sales, IRI Major Multiples YTD to 24/4/2021)Belvoir are market leaders in Sparkling Elderflower within Total Ready to Drink. )*Source: IRI Total Premium Ready to Drink Category, Value sales, IRI Major Multiples YTD to 24/4/2021)
- Belvoir has the No.1 Elderflower drink with its Sparkling Elderflower 750ml. This has been a key driver of growth for the brand, with 8% growth in 2021.
(*Source: IRI Total Premium Ready to Drink Category, Value sales, IRI Major Multiples YTD to 24/4/2021)