Wincanton, the largest British logistics company, has announced the addition of several significant advanced services as part of the Group’s successful eFulfilment proposition. Signalling its ambition to lead in the consumer-centric supply chain, Wincanton’s additional services will enable retailers to rapidly react to changing market demands and deliver to their consumers a seamless, end-to-end, digital shopping experience.
Based on Wincanton’s scalable logistics resources, the service now includes additional, proven, cloud-based solutions. These services complement the Group’s existing eFulfilment proposition, which is already used by some of the UK’s most forward-thinking eCommerce retailers, such as Screwfix, Argos and M&S.
Wincanton’s eFulfilment proposition now consists of six core services:
1. Advanced eFulfilment management – Complete end-to-end order and customer service management, with full product traceability and the ability to rapidly scale-up to accommodate peaks in demand, this service offers a choice of delivery options for the consumer
2. Flexible collaborative warehousing – Wincanton’s proven, flexible, storage network features services such as pick-pack-despatch, which all help retailers to grow quickly without investing heavily in fixed costs
3. Trusted carrier management – The company’s dependable and costeffective carrier network partners are all focused on customer communication, flexibility and ultimately the best possible customer experience
4. Best-in-class two-man home delivery – Wincanton’s widely respected two-man delivery, assembly and packaging removal service
5. Integrated “Supplier to Customer” (S2C) functionality – An innovative, integrated service which means that retailers can extend their range or diversify their portfolio without actually having to take stock into their own shops or warehouses
6. Efficient and effective returns – Giving the consumer a choice on how and when they return products, swiftly refunding and recycling stock while helping the consumer to purchase alternative goods from the same retailer Liam McElroy, Managing Director of Retail & Consumer at Wincanton, explains: “It’s clear that the rapidly changing world of online sales is putting retailers under increasing pressure. They must adapt their portfolio quickly and at the lowest possible cost, while providing an outstanding customer experience across both delivery and returns, and at the same time keep the consumer focused on their next purchase.”
“Our position as the largest British logistics company means that we can call on a wealth of internal and external expertise to help our retail customers respond to these challenges. We are constantly evaluating new technologies and partners who can combine their resource with ours, to deliver a compelling new service to address situations such as this. These additions to our eFulfilment offering demonstrate our ability to do just that.”