Line integration, speed and reliability are some of the most important factors considered by manufacturers buying new coding equipment who need to ensure that it is capable of adapting to increasingly fast production lines.
The latest addition to Markem-Imaje’s 9000 Series – the 9042 inkjet printer – is set to prove extremely popular within the dairy industry, thanks to its ability to help manufacturers improve efficiency using a new consumable management system.
Martin Bailey, UK operations manager, said: “The new 9042 – a design inspired by the 9040 printer – operates with sealed percussion cartridges, which makes handling consumables cleaner and safer than ever before.
“The new consumable management system also makes cartridge changes extremely quick – less than 30 seconds on average – and allows changes to be made without interrupting production.”
The 9042 printer is particularly well suited to the demanding environments in the dairy product industry. The cabinet is made of stainless steel with IP54 humidity protection, or IP65 as an option, for perfect waterproofing. Cleaning is also easy and efficient thanks to the total absence of retention zones.
For applications requiring numerous to-and-fro print head cycles, such as coding on to yogurts and milk desserts, the umbilical cable linking the cabinet to the print head has been reinforced.
“The 9042 can also be fitted with two print heads, doubling the possible production rate. The output of the 9042 can therefore go beyond 700 pots per minute.”
To make integration of the 9042 into production lines easy, two additional lengths of 5m and 8m umbilical cables are supplied with the 9042 if required while a new ink is also offered by Markem-Imaje to help reduce the frequency of print head cleaning.
9042 – A high performance, efficient printer for the Dairy Industry:
• Exclusive head cleaning system ensures trouble-free start-up.
• New 0.8-litre sealed cartridge design with foolproof system.
• Removable stainless steel print head cover for applications requiring printhead motion.
• Quick installation of the cabinet on the floor for easy operation.
• Up to 8 lines of print for best-before dates, logos, alphanumeric text, 1D and 2D barcodes.
• Print speed of up to 5.5 m/s.
• Automatic and constant jet speed control to guarantee perfect marking quality.
• Choice of single or twin heads and umbilicals of 3, 5 or 8 metres enabling integration into most production lines.
• Ethernet interface as standard.
• Operating temperature: 0 to 50 °C.
Markem-Imaje UK Ltd
Tel: 0161 333 8555