Parenting is full of worries! A recent survey* undertaken for Nurofen for Children showed that the top two concerns for parents are the health and the safety of their children. Making the ‘right’ decisions is important because 3 in 5 parents said they felt ‘judged’ by the decisions they made for their child.
Pharmacists, with their skill and knowledge, are ideally placed to help mums and dads make the right decisions first time when they are looking for the best way to treat their child’s pain.
Nurofen is the UK’s No.1 analgesic brand**, and is trusted to be effective. The brand continues to drive category growth in 2014 with its clearly packaged Nurofen for Children range. Nurofen for Children is an effective and fast-working treatment for pain and fever reduction. In fact, nothing helps relieve a baby’s fever faster or for longer. In a recent survey 9 out of 10 mums who used Nurofen for Children would recommend the brand to a friend***.
• Relieves fever for up to 8 hours and is clinically proven to last longer than paracetamol****
• Gentle but effective in treating fever
• Starts to work in just 15 minutes to bring down a high temperature***
• Treats pain and discomfort such as everyday knocks and bruises; earache; and relieves the fever associated with teething
• Is the best-selling Ibuprofen suspension for children*****
• Available in a choice of flavours – orange or strawberry
• Sugar and colour free
• Comes with a free easy-dosing syringe which helps make giving the correct dose to your child simple
Nurofen for Children Cold, Pain & Fever packs were redesigned in 2013 to make it easier for mums to choose the right product for their child. Clearly labelling Nurofen for Children as suitable for Cold, Pain and Fever helps parents to immediately identify the product they could use to nurse their child back to health. Nurofen for Children effectively tackles the symptoms of cold and flu such as fever, sore throat and body aches.
• Nurofen for Children Cold, Pain and Fever 100mg/5ml oral suspension (Orange or Strawberry) RRP: £3.99
Nurofen for Children is also available in the following:
• Nurofen for Children Orange/Strawberry 3 months to 12 years available in two sizes 100ml/200ml oral suspension. MRRP £3.99/£6.49
• Nurofen for Children Sachets 3 months to 9 years Orange/Strawberry available in two sizes 8 x 5ml sachets MRRP £3.11 and 16x5ml MRRP £5.54
Always read the label.
* Survey of 2000 parents by OnePoll, undertaken for Nurofen for Children in March 2014
** AC Nielsen; MAT Value sales WE 19.07.14
*** Survey of Mum’s view of 141 mums ‘9 our of 10 mums who used NfC would recommend it to a friend’. August 2013
**** Pelen F, Verrieiere F et al. Treatment of fever: Monotherapy with ibuprofen. Ibuprofen paediatric suspension containing 100mg per 5ml. Multi centre acceptability study conducted in hospital. Annales de Pédiatrie 1998; 45 (10): 719-728).
***** AC Neilsen total coverage MAT Unit sales data to w/e 19.07.14