KP Snacks is the UK’s number one manufacturer of nuts and number two supplier of bagged snacks, and is part of the Intersnack Group, Europe’s leading producer of savoury snacks, operating in around 30 European countries. KP make some of Britain’s most iconic snack brands including McCoy’s, Hula Hoops, KP Nuts, POM-BEAR, Velvet Crunch, Skips, Space Raiders, Discos, Nik Naks, Wheat Crunchies, Royster’s, Brannigans and Frisps, plus own label for the UK’s leading retailers.
Matt Collins is Sales Director for Convenience, Wholesale, Discounters & Foodservice at KP Snacks.
Snacking in the convenience channel continues to thrive and is forecasted to grow by 11.7% by 2021. Within this, KP’s range of crisps and snacks is growing +4.9%, ahead of the overall category, which is still performing well but at a slower rate of +1.6%.
Crisps and snacks remain a vital sales opportunity for retailers, with 82% of shoppers buying them on impulse. Thriving as the number two supplier, KP Snacks is committed to driving total category value and boost sales within a challenging market.
McCoy’s is KP Snacks’ best-selling brand, currently worth £103m RSV, with Hula Hoops (£87m RSV), KP Nuts (£58.8m RSV) and POM-BEAR (£27.7m RSV).
Must Stocks from KP Snacks
• NEW McCoy’s Chips: crinkle cut chips for a full-on chip shop experience
• McCoy’s Grab Bags: growing at +11.8% and +7.1% volume
• £1 PMP range: McCoy’s, Hula Hoops, KP Nuts, Space Raiders, Skips and Nik Naks, together outperforming the category at +46%
• Hula Hoops Big Hoops BBQ Beef £1 PMP: the second fastestselling sharing SKU within convenience, growing at 9.5% YoY
• KP Nuts: delivering 67% growth to the category, with its £1 PMP range growing at 20.2%
• POM-BEAR: Extremely loyal consumers, with an impressive repeat rate of 50%
• Space Raiders Beef and Pickled Onion: the fastest-selling impulse brand
In line with the industry move to reduce case sizes over the last few years, we have been proactively changing our cases to smaller formats to facilitate cheaper wholesale prices, save space in-store and offer fresher products.
Creating value for customers
KP focus on value creation by offering price-marked packs with very competitive shared margins. Placing crisps and snacks on promotion has become a strong driver of incremental spend, with 31% of shoppers purchasing items on a deal as opposed to just 18% when they’re not on offer.
Sharing best practice
Stock the right core range and ensure that you have strong promotions and disruptive displays in place to entice your customer and interrupt their ‘autopilot’ shopping habits.
2017 NPD McCoy’s, the number one ridged crisp brand, continues its mission to establish itself as a brand that’s famous for delivering on flavour and innovation with the launch of new McCoy’s Chips: crinkle cut chips for a full-on chip shop experience. Available in two intense flavours; Salt & Vinegar and Curry.